If your chakras are unbalanced, you may experience adverse events in your life. An unbalanced chakra can also cause you to miss significant opportunities and prevent you from forming meaningful connections. To remedy this, you can state affirmations.
Affirmations are powerful statements that can remedy chakras and return them to their highest frequency. You should repeat affirmations that pertain to the affected chakra to help it regain its balance. Frequently repeating affirmations can heal your chakras, permitting you to live your best life.
Keep reading to learn more about chakras, the seven main chakras, and how they can become unbalanced. Then, we will go over several affirmations you can say to heal each of your affected chakras.
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are energy centers in the body that are located near nerves and major organs. Each chakra is associated with its own physical and emotional symptoms. When functioning correctly, they allow you to have positive life experiences, including good health, emotional stability, and great success in relationships and your career. However, when they are not functioning at their highest frequency, bad things can happen (more about this below!)
Some people believe that there are over 114 different chakras throughout the body. However, seven main chakras are most commonly referenced. These seven chakras progress throughout your body from your spine’s base to the crown of your head. Each chakra influences a different aspect of your being. We will take a look at these seven central chakras in detail below.
Looking for more info on Chakras? Try one of these books!
The Root Chakra, or Muladhara, is the fundamental chakra. It is located at the base of your spine. It influences your ability to feel grounded and secure. It also houses your survival instincts, including your drive for food, water, shelter, and sex.
When the root chakra is activated, you feel at peace and safe in the world. You also feel sure that your basic instincts are intact, and they will permit you to survive in this world. The color red represents this chakra.
The Sacral Chakra, also called Svadhisthana, is positioned right below your belly button. It impacts your identity, sexuality, and relationships with others. It permits you to form unique interests and hobbies while also preserving relationships with others.
Additionally, it animates your intuition and inspires your creativity. It also encourages sexual discovery and physical pleasure. The color orange represents it.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra, also called Manipura, is located near your stomach. This chakra is all about personal power and confidence. It permits you to feel capable in your life and career. Additionally, this chakra encourages self-love and gives you the ability to choose your destiny.
It enables you to move forward in life by taking action to turn your dreams into reality. The color yellow typically represents it.
The Heart Chakra, also called Anahata, is located by your heart. As you may have guessed, this chakra is all about love and showing compassion towards others. This chakra allows you to grieve those you pass away and forgive those who upset you.
It also permits you to feel a deep connection with others so that you can receive their energies with an open heart. The Heart Chakra is typically represented by the color green.
The Throat Chakra, also called Vishuddha, resides in your throat. This chakra is all about communication and your ability to express yourself. The Throat Chakra permits you to speak your truth to others so you can remain an authentic being.
It also helps you realize your purpose in life so that you can express it to the world and share your creative ideas with others. This chakra is represented by the color blue.
Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye Chakra, otherwise known as Ajna, is located right in between your eyes. This chakra is the center of intuition and imagination. It allows you to see the world clearly and gives you a greater perspective on life.
Additionally, the Third Eye Chakra governs your wisdom and self-awareness making you a more perceptive being. This chakra permits you to feel interconnected with others and the universe as a whole. The color indigo represents it.
The Crown Chakra, also called Sahasrara, sits at the top of your head. This is a transcendent chakra that enables you to experience a higher level of consciousness. This chakra allows you to look beyond yourself so that you can share things beyond your being.
It breaks you free from limiting beliefs so that you can fully connect with the wisdom of the universe. The color white represents this chakra.
What Does It Mean for a Chakra To Be Unbalanced or Blocked?
According to spiritual coach Amber-Lee Lyons, your chakras are both emitters and receivers. The kind of energy you emit in life is affected by the type of energy you are receiving. So, if you are receiving high-frequency energy, your life will be filled with positive experiences, including attracting beneficial opportunities and people.
However, if your frequencies are off and your chakras aren’t flowing correctly, the bad vibrations will disrupt your energy. This can cause adverse events to occur in your life or prevent you from experiencing positive events.
Typically, blocked chakras are caused by adverse events that disrupt their energy flow. Some examples include emotional trauma from marital conflict, the loss of a loved one, or even an accident that negatively impacts your energy.
If you have experienced adverse events recently that have resulted in you feeling off or unbalanced, you may have a blocked chakra. If you are not sure whether your chakras are blocked or if you are just having a few bad days, read the signs below. These will help you determine if your energy is out of balance.
Signs That Your Chakras Are Unbalanced
Each of the chakras is connected with different aspects of your life and health. If one of your chakras is unbalanced, you may experience health problems or adverse events related to that chakra. Below, we will go over several signs you should look out for to determine if your chakras are unbalanced:
- You are experiencing health problems associated with the unbalanced chakra. For example, if your throat chakra is unbalanced, you may experience throat-related issues, such as a sore throat or phlegm. Or, if you have stomach problems, your Solar Plexus Chakra could be blocked.
- Adverse events in your life keep recurring. This may include relationship problems, career-related issues, family dilemmas, and more. The type of recurring events will give you an idea as to which chakra is unbalanced. For example, if you can never find emotional security in your relationships, an unbalanced Root Chakra could be the cause.
- You are experiencing any other physical, emotional, or spiritual dilemmas. Anything that takes you away from your desired life is considered to be a block in the chakras that need to be remedied.
How Affirmations Balance the Chakras
There are several ways to re-balance chakras. One of the most effective ways is by repeating daily affirmations. Affirmations are powerful statements that influence our subconscious and have a healing effect on blocked chakras.
The best way to heal a chakra with affirmations is by determining which chakra is blocked and reciting affirmations that target that specific chakra. This will bring the chakra back to its highest frequency, permitting you to live life to the fullest.
If you think you have multiple unbalanced chakras, you should repeat affirmations related to all of the affected locations. Make sure to say each affirmation with intention and be consistent. If you don’t, your chakras may not be able to heal.
Affirmations for Each Chakra
Below you will find several affirmations that will help you balance each of your chakras.
Root Chakra Affirmations
If you don’t feel secure in yourself, your relationships, or your career, you may have an imbalance in your Root chakra. An imbalance in this chakra typically includes feelings of anxiety, doubt, and fear. This chakra typically makes you feel protected, so your entire world will feel scary and unsure if it is off-balance.
If you think your Root Chakra needs healing, recite these Root Chakras affirmations. They will restore your feelings of stability, protection, and financial security, making you feel secure enough to explore the world:
- I am grounded and centered in life.
- I am strong and powerful.
- I am secure in myself and my natural abilities.
- I am financially stable.
- The universe will always protect me and provide for me.
- I am deeply connected to my body.
- I am loved by those around me.
- Everything is ok in my world.
- The universe helps me.
- I release my fears and doubts.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations
If you are struggling with a lack of creativity, waning interests, or low sex drive, these Sacral Chakra affirmations may help you balance your third chakra. These affirmations are all about finding your interests in life and embracing your creativity. A few of them are also centered around sexual discovery and empowering yourself to experience sexual freedom:
- Life’s sweetness goes through me. I will radiate its blessings.
- I feel secure expressing my sexual nature in healthy and creative ways.
- I am filled with creativity and inspiration.
- I enjoy pleasure in every area of my life.
- I honor the body in which my sacred soul resides.
- I am a creative being.
- Being creative nourishes my soul.
- I am desirable and lovable.
- I chose to feel excitement and joy.
- I allow my intuition to direct me.
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
If your life feels out of control, you lack purpose or direction, or if you feel an excessive need to control your environment and the people in your life, then your Solar Plexus may be out of balance. These Solar Plexus Chakra affirmations will help you recognize your power while also remaining balanced, so you can pursue your dreams without becoming overly burdensome or manipulative:
- I recognize my personal power.
- I make all decisions with confidence.
- I always use my power for the good of others.
- I release the need to control my environment.
- I am capable of achieving my dreams.
- I have a lot to offer.
- My strength comes from within.
- I am ambitious and capable.
- I am ready to achieve my real purpose.
- I feel inner peace daily.
Heart Chakra Affirmations
If your Heart Chakra’s frequencies are off, you may feel jealous, overly dependent, or confused by other people. You may feel completely disconnected from your friends and family, which can cause you to withdraw from those you love. Sometimes, an unbalanced Heart Chakra makes you fixate on troublesome relationships of the past, preventing you from healing or moving forward.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, stating these Heart Chakra affirmations will help return your feelings of compassion and closeness for others while also permitting you to let go of any enduring resentment or sadness brought about by past relationships:
- I let go of all resentment that is holding me back.
- I easily attract love from others.
- I welcome love into my life.
- My heart and soul release the wounds from the past.
- I emit love and light towards myself and others.
- I create supportive relationships.
- I completely accept myself.
- I feel safe loving others and being loved.
- I love myself, no matter what.
- I am connected with all other beings.
Throat Chakra Affirmations
Your Throat Chakra helps you communicate clearly with yourself and others. If your Throat Chakra is blocked, you may feel timid, insecure, or have difficulty expressing yourself. You may find yourself speaking more than you should or saying inappropriate things that turn others away. An imbalance in this chakra can also make you act dishonestly, causing you to tell lies or to share information that you were supposed to keep a secret.
If you are experiencing these issues, have no fear! These powerful Throat Chakra affirmations will help return your chakra to its highest frequency so that you can assuredly interact with others and express your ideas with confidence:
- I communicate my mind with ease.
- I tell my genuine thoughts and ideas.
- I know when to talk and when to listen.
- My voice is powerful and free.
- I am full of creative ideas.
- I am not afraid to speak my mind.
- I am aware.
- My speech is authentic and genuine.
- I speak kindness toward others.
- My thoughts are important.
- I feel compassion toward others.
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
Your third eye chakra gives you more excellent intuition and encourages your imagination. If it is blocked, you could feel closed-minded or believe you are too rooted in everyday life to experience guidance from your spiritual side. You may seek validation from others and doubt yourself and your inner wisdom. Additionally, you may not feel present in your life. Instead, you may feel distracted and out of touch.
To remedy these problems, state these Third Eye Chakra affirmations. These will return your intuitive sense and creativity so you can trust in yourself and confidently move forward in life:
- I am connected with my spiritual truth.
- I am intuitive and wise.
- The wisdom of the universe guides my decisions.
- I open my mind to new energy and experiences.
- Every situation is an opportunity to grow.
- I am present in life.
- My imagination is active and influential.
- I believe in my inner wisdom.
- My third eye knows all.
- I believe that there is a higher good.
Crown Chakra Affirmations
The Crown Chakra connects you with a higher level of consciousness. When your Crown Chakra is unbalanced, it may make you feel closed-minded and cynical towards all things spiritual. On the flip side, you could also feel overly obsessed with the spiritual world and have a hard time connecting with earthly matters.
To remedy your connection with the universe, state these effective Crown Chakra affirmations. They will help you reconnect with the spiritual and earthly world. These affirmations can also deepen your connection with the universe and give you a more profound sense of enlightenment:
- The universe guides me.
- I am connected with the spiritual world.
- I am enlightened.
- I am open to the greatness the universe offers me today.
- I see the divine goodness in all people.
- I am one with the universe.
- I am infinite.
- I am cleared of my limiting beliefs.
- I am conscious and aware.
- I am peace and light.
Seven primary chakras influence our physical and emotional states. These include:
- Root Chakra
- Sacral Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra
- Heart Chakra
- Throat Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra
- Crown Chakra
When one (or many) of these chakras are unbalanced, it negatively impacts your life and prevents you from experiencing positive events. To restore your chakras energy, you should say affirmations relating to that chakra. Affirmations are powerful statements that can alter our subconscious mind and return our chakras to their highest frequency state.
We hope this article helps you heal your chakras so you can live life to the fullest!