Do you ever wonder what certain numbers mean and how they play a role in your life? Well, numerology is the belief that the numbers that represent your birthday and name tell a lot about you. Every number has a certain energy and vibration associated with it.
People can use numerology to find the numbers that are associated with their birth date and use them to set and achieve goals that are aligned with your energies and life path. Each number in numerology has its own traits that help people understand a lot about themselves and make decisions based on that intuition and knowledge.
Numerology is used by many people to make important life decisions like careers, education, love, and more. If you’re wondering what all these numbers that keep appearing in your life mean, keep reading to learn how these numbers can help you make decisions.
Numerology is the belief that each number represents higher vibrations that are associated with people’s personalities. These numbers are found by adding the numbers associated with your name and your birth date and then reducing those numbers into single digits.
The single-digit numbers in numerology are 1-9, except the master numbers, which are 11, 22, and 33. Each of these numbers has certain characteristics that explain how people act and process things. Once you have an understanding of each of your numerology numbers, you can begin to understand how numbers can affect your life and recognize any signs around you.
These numbers can help you understand numerous things about yourself and can provide insight into the following aspects of your life:
- Inner goals
- Life purpose
- New beginnings
You can make connections between different parts of your life and your personality by analyzing how numerology factors into your life. This, in turn, helps you make decisions that are most beneficial to you in the long run.
Daily numerology uses the date of your birth as a tool to help let you know if you are doing what you should be. This is the number that will also help you solve daily problems. While some numerology numbers are used to get a sense of the “bigger picture” of a person’s life, daily numerology is used to make more basic decisions.
The day you were born is your daily numerology number. Because these numerology numbers are single digits, if you were born on a day with double digits like 14, you would take those two numbers and add them together. For 14, your daily numerology number would be 5.
Here are the daily numerology numbers and the traits they indicate:
|Daily Numerology Number||Trait||Associated Phrase|
These are some of the ways that you can use daily numerology numbers to make decisions in your daily life:
- To remind yourself of your innate talents and purpose. Your daily numerology number speaks to a part of yourself that is buried deep within, an aspect of your personality that is immutable. You can use this number to remind yourself throughout the day what you’re truly capable of and what your core life purpose is.
- To dispel hesitation, confusion, and fear. If you find yourself in a place in your daily life where negative emotions have overwhelmed you, thinking of your daily numerology number can help you decide how to proceed in a calmer and more determined manner.
It’s easy in the hustle and bustle of daily life to forget our life’s purpose and be caught up in the petty whirlwind of mundane activities. Falling back on your daily numerology number helps you remember why you get up in the morning, and the phrase associated with it can be used as a powerful mantra to empower yourself in daily living.
The numerology numbers associated with your birth month can be used to help set monthly goals that coincide and complement larger, yearly goals. A person’s monthly numerology number is determined by the month of their birth, rather than the day. For birthdays on one of the double-digit months, the two numbers are added together.
Here are the monthly numerology numbers and the traits they indicate:
|Monthly Numerology Number||Trait||How to Approach Monthly Goals|
|1||Innovation||Explore new ideas.|
|2||Harmony||Foster peaceful relationships.|
|3||Creation||Work with others in a new way.|
|4||Finances||Plan monthly projects carefully.|
|5||Focus||Work on one project at a time.|
|6||Domesticity||Take care of home and hearth.|
|7||Hidden Talent||Explore talents and share them.|
|8||Endurance||Work hard and stay patient.|
|9||Selflessness||Focus on helping society.|
These are some of the ways that you can use daily numerology numbers to make decisions in your daily life:
- To show you how to pursue your monthly goals. Your monthly numerology number shows you the best way to go about achieving your goals in a way that will benefit you the most. If you’re trying to figure out how to generate a monthly goal, your month number can help you figure out which areas to focus on.
- To point out areas of weakness. If your monthly numerology number urges you to foster peaceful relationships and harmony with others, this may point to a weakness in your personality that can cause interpersonal conflict in your life. Be sure to look at the opposite trait of your month number to see areas of improvement. For example, if your month number is 7, you might be inclined to withdraw and undermine your talents. Fight against that urge.
Monthly goals are important for keeping you focused and on track in life, and using your life numbers can give you some insight into what goals you should be making and how you should approach them.
Annual numerology relates to the year you were born and reflects on your annual goals. This number reflects your life’s big picture and can help you determine your lifelong career path. It can also show you ways you can work your way up to that career and lifestyle.
Your annual numerology number is figured by adding up the numbers of your birth year and then adding up that double-digit number. So, if your birthday year date is 1993, you would add 1+9+9+3 to equal 22, and then add 2+2 to equal the annual numerology number 4.
Here is how you can interpret your annual numerology numbers:
Years 1-3 (New Beginnings)
- 1 – New opportunities for relationships, projects, relationships, etc. will begin to come your way. It is time to move on with these ideas and see where they take you.
- 2 – This is the time to work on self-healing and self-love.
- 3 – Opportunities for self-expression will come your way. Get creative and try new things.
Years 4-6 (Stability)
- 4 – Time to build and invest in your life in the long run. This could mean applying to a big job, buying a house, or making another significant commitment.
- 5 – Be ambitious. It is time to grow and achieve more.
- 6 – Time to let go of the things that no longer serve you. Inspire your soul and expand your wisdom about life.
Years 7-9 (Reflection)
- 7 – Reflect on who you are, where you are going in life, and if you’ve chosen the right path.
- 8 – Be ambitious. It is time to grow and achieve even more.
- 9 – Time to let go of the things that no longer serve you. Inspire your soul and expand your wisdom about life.
Since the annual numerology number in a person’s life points more to the larger scope of their life, this number should be used to make larger decisions that have the potential to alter the course of a person’s life dramatically. If you are deliberating on a major life decision that could change your fate for life, looking to your annual numerology number can help you decide on a path forward.
Your life path number is the number that can help you to get the best look at any of your lifelong financial decisions and overall success in life. In other words, this is the number that likely defines how you tackle life and the best way you can lean into your natural traits to cope with the lessons of life. People who live life in a way that is complementary to their numerological path can deal with strife and dramatic life events more easily than people without a guide to steer them forward.
To figure out your life path number, you take the sum of all the numbers in your birth date and create a single-digit number or the master numbers – 11, 22, or 33). For example, if your birthday is August 14th, 1993, your life path equation would be 8+1+4+1+9+9+3=35; 3+5= a life path number of 8.
Here is how you can interpret your life path number:
|Life Path 1||You are a natural-born leader and like to take on new projects.|
|Life Path 2||You are a natural peacemaker and have calm energy.|
|Life Path 3||You are creative, and people are easily drawn to you.|
|Life Path 4||You are detail-oriented and enjoy achieving goals.|
|Life Path 5||You are a free spirit who easily adapts to change in life.|
|Life Path 6||You love harmonious relationships and enjoy domestic comforts.|
|Life Path 7||You are a deep, independent thinker and are not likely to believe things unless they can be proven.|
|Life Path 8||You are drawn to leadership and success.|
|Life Path 9||You are sensitive and compassionate to others.|
|Life Path 11||You are ambitious, intelligent, and independent.|
|Life Path 22||This rare path means you have gone through extreme situations but learned how to survive.|
|Life Path 33||You are creative and analytical at the same time.|
So, how do you use your life path number to make decisions in life? One way to use your life path number to make decisions is to use your life path to define your priorities in life. Once you have determined what your main values and priorities in life are, you can then use goalsetting to help you bring your life into closer alignment with those overarching values.
For example, if you are a Life Path 1, you may want to go out of your way to place yourself in opportunities where you can be put in charge, as this will attract good fortune and success. Why does living in correspondence with your life path come across as “lucky”? It’s because it allows you to spot opportunities that you would naturally excel at. Many people believe luck and success is nothing more than having the insight to advocate for your success.
How to Use Your Destiny Number to Make Decisions
Also known as the expression number, your destiny number is the other numerology number other than your life path number that plays a large role in how you make decisions, whether you’re aware of it or not. This number uses all of the letters of the name you were given at birth.
Here are the numbers that are associated with the letters of the alphabet:
|A, J, S||1|
|B, K, T||2|
|C, L, U||3|
|D, M, V||4|
|E, N, W||5|
|F, O, X||6|
|G, P, Y||7|
|H, Q, Z||8|
Here is how you can use your destiny numbers to help you make decisions:
- Destiny Number 1: If you have this destiny number, you are drawn toward leadership and independence, so you’ll have to decide which is more important to you. You have the skills to become an executive or promoter if you choose to have that level of power. You have a creative approach to everything.
- Destiny Number 2: You will grow to have a deeper understanding of people and the world around you, and you should make decisions that help strengthen your understanding of others. You have the potential to be a great teacher, social worker, or advisor because you have a strong intuition and are very inspirational.
- Destiny Number 3: You have a creative nature and should make decisions that provide more opportunities to explore the artistic and expressive side of yourself. You can make a great writer, speaker, singer, painter, or teacher.
- Destiny Number 4: You have a greater sense of order than most people, and you should make decisions that reinforce stability and structure in your life. You can potentially become an expert in a niche subject such as building, engineering, or medicine.
- Destiny Number 5: You have a natural talent at forcing change and showing others how to live life to the fullest. You should make decisions that push you out of your comfort zone and improve your chances of discovering new ideas and projects.
- Destiny Number 6: You are drawn to making others feel safe, loved, and comfortable and will often make decisions based on the welfare of friends and family. Be sure also to make decisions that involve self-care, too. People with this destiny number make caring parents, lovers, and family members.
- Destiny Number 7: If you have this mystical destiny number, you are a spiritual seeker and are drawn to philosophy, religion, and solitude. You should make decisions that give you plenty of time for introspection, bonding with the natural world, and exploring your true spiritual calling.
- Destiny Number 8: You are drawn to financial security and should make decisions that reinforce the accumulation of wealth. Be careful not to make rash business decisions out of a desire for financial success and be wary of arrogance. Those with this destiny number are often excellent in business.
- Destiny Number 9: You are a humanitarian, and you have a strong love for society. You should make decisions that allow you to contribute to something greater than yourself to help you achieve self-fulfillment. You should also make decisions that allow you to disconnect from inherited family trauma or histories and forge a new path.
Destiny numbers can help show us where the deepest strengths in our personality lie, and that can help us make decisions about how to foster our innate talents. People who make decisions that are aligned with their personalities are more likely to be both happy and successful since they don’t have to fight their nature in deciding how to act.
Some numbers in numerology are particularly sacred to each individual, but there are also numbers that you are exposed to all the time everyday life that can give you insight into how to move forward with life decisions, especially when you are unsure how to proceed or need clarification.
Here are some of the everyday life numbers that you may run into that can help act as signposts in your day-to-day dealings:
- Lucky numbers: Your lucky number consists of the sum of your three main numbers—your destiny, soul purpose, and life path numbers. This number can be used to look for signs and omens, to try and manifest good luck, or to find new opportunities on the eighth day of the month.
- Repeating numbers: Repeating numbers are numbers that keep appearing throughout the day or over several days. Noticing a number over and over may be a sign that you should try and decipher what it means.
- Semi-permanent numbers: These are numbers like phone numbers, house numerology numbers, or street numbers. These numbers should be matched with your soul purpose number to get guidance on moving forward with decisions.
When you start to pay attention to the numbers that you come across in daily life, you’ll be amazed at how much intuition you can glean from them. Even if it is just your subconscious mind trying to reach out to you to help you make a decision, everyday life numbers can provide a way to move forward when you’re not sure which path to take. It’s important to remember when you notice these numbers and what triggered it, as this can help guide you toward a meaningful connection.
Numerology can’t predict the future, and it shouldn’t be used to make all of your decisions. Still, numbers are all around you. Given how they repeat themselves throughout the universe in recognizable patterns, they shouldn’t be dismissed as meaningless. The numbers that bring meaning to your life can help you to understand why you are the way you are, and they can also help you decide on a path forward in life.
Your life path number, destiny number, birth date, and name all have more power over you than you might think.