Chakras and zodiac signs are both significant concepts in astrology that help guide you on your path. However, they have an even more substantial influence on your life when they are married together. The elements connect chakras and zodiac signs.
The Root Chakra’s element is earth, the Sacral Chakra’s element is water, the Solar Plexus Chakra’s element is fire, and the Heart Chakra’s element is air. Each chakra is paired with the zodiac signs that share the same element.
Keep reading to learn more about the chakras and zodiac signs, including what they are, how they are connected, and which signs are paired with which chakras. We will also go over the chakras that are not paired with any zodiac signs and why these chakras are different from the others.
Chakras and zodiac signs are both powerful astrological concepts that have a profound influence on your life.
Chakras are energy centers within the body. Many astrologers believe there are hundreds of chakras inside of each person. However, seven central chakras travel along your spine. These chakras are essential because they have a significant influence on your health and happiness.
When they are aligned, they promote equilibrium and good fortune. However, when they are unbalanced, your health and prosperity may suffer.
Zodiac signs are determined by the sun and stars. The sun appears to travel through 12 different constellations throughout the year. These constellations are linked to 12 different signs.
Each sign is associated with varying dates of the year. On the day you’re born, you acquire a sign that will influence you for the rest of your life. Your zodiac sign determines your strengths, weaknesses, traits, desires, and compatibility with others.
You may know about chakras and zodiac signs separately, but have you ever considered the powerful relationship between the two?
Chakras and zodiac signs are related through their connection with the primary elements: water, fire, earth, and air. Four of the seven chakras and all of the zodiac signs are associated with one of these elements.
Matching your zodiac sign with the appropriate chakra is very powerful. It can grant you balance in life since you’ll be able to maximize your chakras’ energy flow. Combining the power of your zodiac and chakra will also help prevent blocks from developing, thereby keeping your energies flowing at their highest frequency.
The root chakra is connected with the earth element. This chakra keeps you grounded and provides you with feelings of stability and comfort. It permits you to feel connected to the world around you.
The three earth zodiac signs associated with this chakra are Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo. Earth signs are typically practical beings who are in touch with reality. However, sometimes they can become overly materialistic. Many earth signs believe they need valuable goods to prove to others (and themselves) that they are successful and worthy of love.
If you are an earth sign, you’ll need to regularly perform activities that will help you stay humble and grounded. Doing this will encourage balance by promoting a deeper appreciation for life instead of feeding your obsession for material goods. Listed below are some ways you can achieve this.
- Watching the sunrise or sunset: Appreciating nature’s beauty is a fantastic way to stay grounded. Permit yourself to sit for as long as you can to enjoy these beautiful occurrences.
- Meditating regularly: If you are new to meditating, start small. Even meditating for a few minutes a day could have a significant impact on your energy.
- Practicing yoga: Yoga permits you to take a more in-depth look inside of yourself. Try to perform poses that make you feel safe and grounded.
- Spending time in nature: Go to a nearby forest or park and appreciate the beauty around you. Try to lose yourself in the natural world. Paying attention to nature’s beauty will reconnect you with the earth and all of its amazing wonders.
- Going on a road trip: Road trips are a unique way to experience nature and the world’s many beautiful landscapes. You can select your destinations ahead of time or go where the road takes you.
The Sacral Chakra is about creative expression and sexuality. This chakra inspires you to try new things and to release your artistic energy into the world. It also allows you to explore your sexuality, permitting you to experience pleasure without any guilt.
The water signs associated with the Sacral Chakra are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. Water signs are known for their innovative ideas and fantastic intuition. However, sometimes their creative energy can get blocked, preventing them from reaching their fullest potential.
If you are a water sign in need of energy realignment, try participating in a sensuous experience. Performing sensual activities will help rebalance your Sacral Chakra and remove any obstructions preventing your creativity from flowing freely. Some ideas include:
- Taking a long bath: Bathes are a great way to unwind. Try adding essential oils to your bath water for an even more pleasurable experience. Some great oil options are lavender, mint, or any form of citrus.
- Enjoying a delicious meal: Try to be mindful during the meal so that you appreciate every flavor. Permit yourself to eat something that brings you joy.
- Looking at art: Art is beautiful and excites the senses. It connects you with your emotions and can influence you in a meaningful way.
- Going to a concert: Music touches the soul and brings pleasure to our hearts.
- Getting a massage: Massages are delightful and release tension throughout your body. The healing ability of others’ hands may be just what your Sacral Chakra needs.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is focused on personal power and commitment to the essential things in life. This chakra increases your self-esteem, giving you the courage to seek new opportunities and try new things. The Solar Plexus Chakra permits you to live boldly and to make decisions with confidence.
The fire signs associated with this chakra are Leo, Aries, and Sagittarius. Fire signs are fearless and aren’t afraid to stand out from the crowd. They are typically passionate and confident and tend to be successful in many aspects of their life.
However, when fire signs energies are off, they may feel drained. Sometimes they experience low self-esteem and self-doubt and no longer feel as though they can achieve their dreams.
If you are a fire sign experiencing any of the problems listed above, your Solar Plexus Chakra needs to be realigned. To do this, you should try something courageous that takes you outside of your comfort zone. Doing this will restore your daring energy and bold attitude. Some endeavors you can try include:
- Going on a date: Opening yourself up to love is both scary and exciting. To add an extra thrill, try going on a blind date.
- Ending a bad relationship: If the connection isn’t serving you and isn’t healthy, it’s time to let it go. Letting go is complicated and challenging, but it’s rewarding once it’s finally accomplished.
- Quitting an unfulfilling job: If you are stuck in a tedious job you hate, why not leave? Although the security of your current position may be holding you back, it’s time to be courageous and take a leap of faith towards your happier life.
- Exploring a new country or town: Go to a location you’ve always wanted to explore. If you want it to be even more thrilling, go somewhere you aren’t familiar with or somewhere with a completely different culture than your own.
- Going skydiving: If skydiving isn’t your thing, try another daring activity like horseback riding or mountain climbing.
The Heart Chakra is centered around love and compassion. It permits you to connect on a deeper level with others. This chakra is focused on forgiveness and the ability to let go of past relationships that didn’t serve you. The Heart Chakra permits you to release joy into the world and to love all other beings.
The air signs associated with this chakra are Gemini, Libra, Aquarius. Air signs are intelligent beings who love to share their ideas with others. Sometimes, if their energy is off, these signs struggle with feeling unloved or have difficulty showing love to others.
If you are an air sign experiencing these problems, you’ll need to practice self-love and show kindness towards others to remedy this problem. Any activities that promote a sense of love for yourself or others should fix your blocked chakra and return you to your loving, compassionate self. Some ideas of ways to show love include:
- Telling others that you love them: Make sure to include your friends, family, and significant others.
- Practicing gratitude daily: Try to say at least one thing you are grateful for every day. Think deeply about why you are thankful for it and how it has impacted your life.
- Reading books about love and compassion: Reading will get you in a loving mindset and give you ideas for spreading joy to others.
- Writing a journal about past relationships: Writing will help you release past connections and heal any remaining wounds.
- Volunteering with the less fortunate: Some options include helping out at a homeless shelter, spending time with foster children, and more.
These three chakras are not directly associated with any of the zodiac signs. We will go over their elements and their impact on the signs in detail below.
Throat Chakra: Space
The Throat Chakra is about communication and the ability to interact with others. It permits you to share your ideas with the world.
The element most commonly associated with the Throat Chakra is space. While this is a natural element, it is not one of the four astrological elements, so it usually isn’t linked to any of the zodiac signs.
Just because this chakra isn’t directly connected with a sign does not mean it isn’t vital. The Throat Chakra is crucial for human interactions, so making sure it is balanced is incredibly important for maintaining good communication skills.
If your Throat Chakra is out of alignment, you may experience troubles communicating or relaying your ideas to others. It may be difficult for you to get your point across, or it may be incredibly challenging for you to understand what other people are saying. You also may be more prone to lying and being judgemental of others.
To rebalance your Throat Chakra, you’ll need to try activities that promote clear communication and expression. Some potential ideas include:
- Expressing yourself through creative activities: This may consist of a wide variety of artistic endeavors, such as poetry, painting, drawing, weaving, and more. Try activities that are most enjoyable for you and that play to your strengths.
- Using your voice: Try vocalizing, singing, humming, and chanting. Expressing yourself in a variety of ways will help you find your voice.
- Trying deep breathing exercises: These exercises will open up the throat, encouraging healing breaths to circulate throughout your body.
- Speaking your truth: If you don’t agree with someone, don’t be afraid to tell them what you think. Holding back your thoughts will do more damage than good.
- Writing a journal about your emotions and ideas: If you feel like your communication is blocked verbally, try writing instead. Allow your thoughts to flow freely onto the paper. This will help enhance your communication skills and return your Throat Chakra to its former glory.
Third Eye Chakra: Light
The Third Eye Chakra influences your intuition. It permits you to use your inherent knowledge to understand the world. This chakra also serves as a kind of bridge between the spiritual and physical world. It connects these two realms so you can see everything with a greater perspective.
The element commonly connected with the Third Eye Chakra is light. Light is a combination of all of the other elements. This element signifies greater understanding and the ability to see all things. Because light encompasses all of the other elements, every zodiac sign should focus on the Third Eye Chakra’s energy.
When this chakra is blocked, you may feel a lack of intuition, or you might have trouble remembering important facts. You may also experience nightmares, a lack of flexibility, limited concentration, or even delusions.
Some ways to rebalance your Third Eye Chakra are:
- Meditating regularly: Meditation is a great way to connect your spiritual self with the physical world. Try to meditate in a safe, serene location. This will give you the quiet atmosphere you need to get the most out of the experience.
- Stating affirmations related to the Third Eye Chakra: Some potential affirmations include “I am connected to my higher power” or “I always trust my intuition.”
- Performing a daily yoga routine: Yoga helps you get in touch with your inner intuition and nature. Try performing moves that can be improved upon over time.
- Getting more sleep: Not getting enough sleep has a significant impact on the Third Eye Chakra. Aim for at least seven or eight hours of sleep for the best results.
- Trying out aromatherapy: Different smells can connect you with the earth and help you focus on the present. Try to concentrate on the scent and how it makes you feel.
Crown Chakra: No Element
The Crown Chakra is a powerful energy center that is focused on spiritual awakening and obtaining enlightenment. This chakra expands our consciousness and lets us think about things outside of ourselves.
The Crown Chakra is located above our heads. Because it is outside of our physical bodies and is associated with our higher selves, it isn’t linked to any element on earth. Therefore, it is not associated with any of the zodiac signs.
This chakra is mighty, so you’ll need to ensure you maintain its alignment no matter what your sign is. Therefore, all zodiac signs should expand themselves to obtain a higher state of being if they want to realign their Crown Chakra.
You can only balance this chakra through spiritual or enlightening experiences. These may include:
- Trying meditative exercises: These may consist of deep breathing, reciting mantras, or even doing transcendental meditation. Don’t try to advance too quickly. Start small and slowly grow your practice.
- Going on a spiritual retreat: Traveling to a location where you can work on your spiritual enlightenment is a great way to realign your crown chakra.
Some of the chakras and zodiac signs are linked because they share the same element. These include earth, water, fire, and air.
The Root Chakra’s element is earth, so it is related to the earth signs: Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo. The Sacral Chakra’s element is water, so it is connected to the water signs: Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. The Solar Plexus Chakra’s element is fire, so it is akin to the fire signs: Leo, Aries, and Sagittarius. Lastly, the Heart Chakra’s element is air, so it’s linked with the air signs: Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius.